Friday, April 15, 2011

I Hope you Weren't in a Fight with a Tiger

Some of the most interesting fashion I see is when I'm waiting for my bus in downtown Seattle.  Lately I've been seeing a lot of ripped up stockings...and I don't just mean a runner in a pair of pantyhose but full-on shredded, torn, slashed stockings.  My first thought was that she'd been dragged behind a bus, but then I realized she wasn't nearly dirty enough to warrant that (she was dirty, but in a 'hey look at me I don't care if I'm kind of raunchy way').  Seriously though, if she had been bruised or bloodied, it would have been pretty easy to think that she had been mauled by a tiger or runaway wildebeest (wouldn't that be interesting to see tearing through the streets of downtown...).  Bottom line: fine, wear your ripped up tights, stockings, whatever, but can you wear a little sign that says "I'm OK, I wasn't beat up, taken away and held for ransom, I'm just being fashionable".
Bravo if you know what song part of that last sentence is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment