Thursday, January 13, 2011

Aaarrgh, Matey, Pirates in Seattle!

Ok, I get it, everyone loves boots, especially us ladies here in the Northwest. I myself have 5 or 6 pairs of boots, and I enjoy wearing them to work, or out with my friends. But this new trend of over-the-knee boots? I really don't get it. Particularly in the 40+ crowd (and I am a member of this group now ). I spied a gal the other day waiting for the light on the corner of 7th and Pike, most likely on her lunch break, wearing a pair, and it just looked wrong. Don't get me wrong, I am not the most fashion-conscious person out there (ask my friends, they'll tell you) but I think I do know when something is right, and appropriate (and don't think that because I'm 40 I now automatically think that everything that is trendy is too young for me, because I don't). All I can think when I see people (and I use the word here on purpose, because I've seen some gentlemen in the over-the-knee boots too) striding down the sidewalk in these get-ups is that Seinfeld episode where Jerry didn't want to wear the puffy shirt...he didn't want to be a pirate...but perhaps in 2011 he would want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment