Sunday, January 16, 2011

Clomp, Clomp, Clomp


You've heard it before, and I don't mean when you've been at a parade or downtown when the horse cops come trotting by. I'm talking about hearing the unmistakable sound of someone wearing shoes with heels that they apparently can't handle. The person in question last night had a pair of high-heel wedges (I think with cork detail), but man was she ever loud. I mean, you could hear her coming from the other side of the bar, and since she was a smoker, she crossed the room a number of times while David and I were having dinner. I am a fan of high-heels; I like how they look, I like how they make me look (hey look at me, I'm over 6 feet tall in these!), but what I won't wear are heels that I can't walk in properly. I don't think there's anything more unattractive to the eye (or the ear) than someone plodding along in shoes they can't really maneuver in easily (Herman Munster anyone?). I've tried on shoes in the store that were 'iffy', bought them, gone out in them, clomped around in them, and taken them back, even though I loved how they looked....I'm just not going to be the person that everyone has to listen to as I cross a room, or patrol Westlake Park in the summertime (oh wait, that's the Seattle Police Cavalry).

No comments:

Post a Comment