Friday, January 21, 2011

Just Breathe it in....and Sweat it Out...and Stink it Up

I love my hot yoga classes. I've been practicing hot yoga (or Bikram yoga) now for about 5 months. I love how the 26 different poses make me feel, how it moves/stretches/exercises every bone and muscle in my body. But there are a lot of things that I don't love about hot yoga too, mainly that it smells, or better put, there are a lot of people in the class who smell. Now, of course, when you have a room heated to 114 degrees with 25 people in it, there will be a bit of an aroma. I'm cool with that. But some people come to class and it's like they've already run a marathon and then not showered for 3 days, and they are typically the person who lays their mat right next to me...when there's plenty of room on the other side of the studio! I probably don't smell like a bed of roses, but I do bathe regularly and usually have clean yoga outfits on. I also make sure my towel is full size and clean so that I'm not contributing any more than necessary to the overall funk. None of these nags are enough to make me stay away from yoga, but if someone had told me how gross it can be, I may never have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment